Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Day in the Life

Some think that college is just all fun and games. I'm writing this now, telling of a day in my shoes here at UC. I will start with Monday of course. I wake up at 5:15 and start to prepare for the long day ahead. I get all my clothes on, get a snack and something to drink, then by 5:30 im off to practice. Once I'm at the pool, we go in, get our suits on and start to convert the pool, taking out all the lane lines and making the pool so it is in meters, not yards. then at 6 we have a long practice, which leave me so tired that I want to go to bed right when I leave. However, when I get out, I go straight to the dining hall and get a quick breakfast and head to calculus at 8:45. after that I have a short break before going to chemistry at 11. After chemistry I head to the dining hall for lunch, around 12 or so. after I eat I will head up to study tables (8 hours a week are required for all freshmen athletes) and I stay there til around 1:30, then I head down to the locker room to get changed for weights. Weights will go from 2 til roughly around 3. When finished in the weight room, I head back to the pool (its a short walk from the weight room) and get ready for the second practice of the day. I swim from 3:30-5:00 then the whole team sits in the hot tub for about a half hour, before gathering to go to dinner at the dining hall. After dinner, I head up to study tables, and usually stay til about 8 or so but sometimes a little later. When I get back to my dorm, after being out and about all day, I will call my boyfriend and talk for about an hour or so before getting ready for bed. By 11:00 im in my bed ready to fall asleep. Repeat this 5 days a week, minus the morning practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and you will know my life as it always is. Always on the go, doing something or other, trying to get everything done. And that's a day in my life at UC.

No comments:

Post a Comment